NBA® 2K20 MyTEAM Unlimited $250,000 Tournament
Contest may only be entered in or from the 50 United States & D.C. (excluding AZ, CT, MD, and ND), Canada (excluding Quebec), Australia, Chile, Denmark, France, Great Britain, Greece, Republic of Ireland, Israel, Germany, Japan, Mexico, New Zealand, Norway, Philippines, Portugal, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and Turkey and entries originating from (i) individuals not residing within the preceding jurisdictions or (ii) any other jurisdiction are not eligible for entry. This Contest is governed exclusively by the laws of the United States subject to the enforcement of the mandatory provisions of any other applicable law.
This Contest consists of two phases: (i) the Weekend Qualifier GameDay rounds (“Weekend Qualifier GameDay Rounds”) and (ii) the Contest Tournament (“Tournament”).
1. How to Compete. To enter the “NBA® 2K20 MyTEAM Unlimited $250,000 Tournament” (“Contest”), you must meet the eligibility requirements set forth in Section 2 below. To compete in a Weekend Qualifier GameDay, you must qualify for that Weekend Qualifier GameDay in accordance with Section 1(c) of these Official Rules. To compete in the Tournament, you must qualify in a Weekend Qualifier GameDay in accordance with Section 1(d) of these Official Rules. The four highest scoring entrants for Xbox One (“XBO”) and the four highest scoring entrants for PlayStation 4 (“PS4”) for each Weekend Qualifier GameDay based on entrants’ Leaderboard Total Score (defined below) will be eligible to compete in the Tournament. For clarity, eight (8) entrants will qualify for the Tournament for each Weekend Qualifier GameDay (four (4) entrants from XBO and four (4) entrants from PS4). This Contest is a game of skill and chance does not play a part in the determination of the winner.
You can only play under one (1) account/Gamertag/PSN ID throughout the duration of the Contest and you must play on the same platform (except the Championship Finals, if applicable, which will be played on the XBO platform) throughout the duration of the Contest. FOR CLARITY, YOU MUST COMPETE ON THE SAME PLATFORM (I.E., XBO OR PS4) THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE CONTEST (E.G., ANY WEEKEND QUALIFIER GAMEDAY ROUNDS AND THE TOURNAMENT), EXCEPT FOR THE CHAMPIONSHIP FINALS (IF APPLICABLE) WHICH WILL BE PLAYED ON THE XBO PLATFORM.
Entrants suspected of using multiple accounts/Gamertags/PSN IDs or playing on multiple platforms in violation of these Official Rules will be subject to disqualification. All aspects of this Contest are subject to these Official Rules.
The four entrants with the highest Total Scores on each platform at the end of each Weekend Qualifier GameDay will be declared potential qualifiers of that Weekend Qualifier GameDay and will be eligible to compete in the Tournament (each a “Tournament Player”) (subject to confirmation). Limit one (1) Tournament entry per entrant, regardless of how many Weekend Qualifier GameDays in which such entrant finishes in the top four on the leaderboard. For clarity, Weekend Qualifier GameDay winners can continue to play in future Weekend Qualifier GameDays but they will receive only one (1) entry into the Tournament based on their top recorded Total Score from Weekend Qualifier GameDays in which they finished in the top four on the leaderboard. This means that, in the event an entrant finishes in the top four in two or more Weekend Qualifier GameDays, the entrant will receive only one (1) spot in the Tournament based upon his or her highest Total Score among the Weekend Qualifier GameDays for which he or she finished in the top four on the leaderboard, and the next highest non-qualifying finisher(s) for the Weekend Qualifier GameDay(s) in which he or she scored a lower Total Score will receive that entry into the Tournament.
No automated entry devices and/or programs permitted. All entries (including game play) become the sole and exclusive property of the Sponsor and receipt of entries will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled entries, which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. By entering the Contest, entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the judges, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Contest.
2. Eligibility. Participation open only to legal residents of the 50 United States & D.C. (excluding AZ, CT, MD, and ND), Canada (excluding Quebec), Australia, Chile, Denmark, France, Great Britain, Greece, Republic of Ireland, Israel, Germany, Japan, Mexico, New Zealand, Norway, Philippines, Portugal, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and Turkey (collectively, “Eligible Jurisdictions”), who are at least 18 years of age and have attained the age of majority in their state, country or province of residence (For clarity, the ages of majority for various jurisdictions are as follows: (i) Alabama – 19; (ii) Nebraska – 19; (iii) Mississippi – 21; (iv) New Zealand – 20; and Japan - 20). Void in Arizona, Connecticut, Maryland, North Dakota, Quebec, outside of an Eligible Jurisdiction and where prohibited or restricted by law. Proof of residency and age may be required. Entrants must enter the Contest from within an Eligible Jurisdiction. Entries originating from jurisdictions outside of the Eligible Jurisdictions are void. Employees, officers and directors of 2K Games, Inc. (“Sponsor”), NBA Properties, Inc., the National Basketball Association, the Women’s National Basketball Association, NBA Media Ventures LLC, NBA TV LLC, and the NBA & WNBA member teams (collectively “the NBA Entities”), the National Basketball Players Association, the Women’s National Basketball Players Association, the National Football League Players Association (as licensing agents for the Women’s National Basketball Players Association), the NBA 2K League, Microsoft Corporation, Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC, Twitch Interactive, Inc. (collectively, the “Contest Parties”) and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, advertising and promotion agencies, manufacturers or distributors of Contest materials and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees/officers/directors are not eligible to enter. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, state and local laws and regulations.
3. The Weekend Qualifier GameDay Round Schedule. The four (4) Weekend Qualifier GameDays will take place in accordance with the Weekend Qualifier GameDay Round Schedule below. Each Qualifying Game must start between 10:00:00 AM PT (U.S.) and 2:00:00 PM PT (“GameDay Period”) on that Weekend Qualifier GameDay. If a Qualifying Game starts prior to 2:00:00 PM PT, it will be permitted to finish provided that the Qualifying Game is completed by 4:00:00 PM PT on that Weekend Qualifier GameDay. The first Weekend Qualifier GameDay begins on October 12, 2019 at 10:00:00 AM PT, and any Qualifying Games must start by 2:00:00 PM PT (“First GameDay”) and be completed by 4:00:00 PM PT of that Weekend Qualifier GameDay to contribute to your Total Score. The last Weekend Qualifier GameDay begins on January 18, 2020 at 10:00:00 AM PT, and any Qualifying Games must start by 2:00:00 PM PT (“Last GameDay”) and be completed by 4:00:00 PM PT of that Weekend Qualifier GameDay to contribute to your Total Score.
Weekend Qualifier GameDay Round Schedule:
4. Weekend Qualifier GameDay Leaderboard Score/Qualifying Games/Wins/Ties/Game Play.
Leaderboard Score: As set forth above, entrants will receive a Score for each Qualifying Game based on a combination of factors including the quality of their roster, the quality of their opponent’s roster, and the quality of their performance in the Qualifying Game. All Qualifying Games for which play is commenced and completed in accordance with these Official Rules shall count toward entrant’s Total Score on the Leaderboard.
Qualifying Games/Wins: Entrants must play Qualifying Games using the MyTEAM Unlimited Tournament’s default settings (which may change from each Weekend Qualifier GameDay). Qualifying Games must be started by the designated end time (2:00:00 PM PT) for each Weekend Qualifier GameDay and completed within two hours of that designated end time (4:00:00 PM PT). Final game results will be reported at 4:00:00 PM PT for each Weekend Qualifier GameDay so any Qualifying Games still in progress at 4:00:00 PM PT will not be reported and will be treated as if the game never happened. In all other instances, once a Qualifying Game has started, if entrants do not complete the Qualifying Game in accordance with requirements set forth in these Official Rules, they will be credited with a loss and their Entry will come to an end for that Qualifying Game and for that Weekend Qualifier GameDay.
Tiebreakers: If a Weekend Qualifier GameDay results in a Leaderboard tie, and at least one of the tied participants will not qualify for the tournament (ex. Two participants are tied for the 4th and final qualifying spot), Sponsor will determine the qualifier(s) based on the following criteria reviewed in order until the tie is broken.
In the event of a Leaderboard tie where all tied participants will qualify for the tournament (ex. All tied participants will finish in the top four of the leaderboard regardless of tiebreakers), the tie will be broken for tournament seeding purposes using the criteria outlined in Section 6.
Game Play/Disqualification: Entrants may be disqualified if Sponsor detects that entrant did not complete the game by quitting, powering down, disconnecting from the internet, or excessive penalties. For clarity, if an entrant disconnects, the entrant may be disqualified and banned from that Weekend Qualifier GameDay. A ban would eliminate entrant from participating in any further Qualifying Games on that Weekend Qualifier GameDay. In the event that entrant disconnects from the server at any point during a Qualifying Game, that entrant will be deemed the loser of that Qualifying Game, regardless of whether such disconnection is intentional and/or is the fault of the disconnecting entrant.
5. Notification: At the conclusion of each Weekend Qualifier GameDay, Sponsor will attempt to contact the potential Weekend Qualifier GameDay qualifiers (i.e., Tournament Player) via email using the address provided by entrant when signing up for a 2K Account, through in-game messaging and/or through the console user interface (“UI”). Potential Tournament Players will be required to respond to Sponsor’s request within three (3) calendar days of notification unless Sponsor has designated another time frame.
If a potential Tournament Player does not respond within the time frame designated by Sponsor, or does not comply with these Official Rules in the sole opinion of Sponsor, such potential Tournament Player’s Tournament spot may be forfeited and Sponsor may award the spot to next highest ranked entrant on that Weekend Qualifier GameDay’s Leaderboard (time permitting).
Upon verification of eligibility by Sponsor and compliance with these Official Rules, the potential Tournament Players will be eligible to compete in the Tournament.
6. The Tournament. The thirty-two (32) Tournament Players (sixteen (16) for XBO and sixteen (16) for PS4) will compete in the Tournament scheduled to take place on January 25, 2020 at 10:00:00 AM PT.
For clarity, one (1) Tournament Bracket will consist of 16 Tournament Players on the XBO platform and one (1) Tournament Bracket will consist of 16 Tournament Players on the PS4 platform. Each Tournament Player must compete in their Tournament Games using the same platform such Tournament Player used to qualify for the Tournament, EXCEPT FOR THE CHAMPIONSHIP FINALS WHICH SHALL BE PLAYED ON THE XBO PLATFORM. Tournament Players will compete against each other in their respective Tournament Brackets in single-elimination format (EXCEPT THE CHAMPIONSHIP FINAL, WHICH WILL CONSIST OF A BEST OF 3 SERIES BETWEEN THE TWO FINALISTS). The sixteen (16) Tournament Players for each platform will be seeded in their respective Tournament Brackets based on their qualifying Total Score. If Tournament Players in the same bracket have the same Total Score, Sponsor will determine the higher seed based on the following criteria in the following order until the tie is broken:
Tournament Players may use any combination of any thirteen (13) Player Cards from their MyTEAM Collection in their Lineup for each Qualifying Game throughout the Tournament, and will not be “locked” into their Player Cards throughout the Tournament (except for the Championship Finals). The winning Tournament Player of each Tournament Game advances to the next round of their Tournament Bracket. The losing Tournament Player of each Tournament Game will be eliminated from the Tournament. The winner of each Tournament Bracket (XBO and PS4) will be deemed a “Finalist” (subject to confirmation) and will advance to the Championship Finals, which is currently scheduled to take place in Chicago, Illinois, U.S.A. on or about February 13, 2020 (subject to change by Sponsor in its sole discretion).
The MyTEAM Collection for each Finalist will lock as soon as the final Tournament game for each Finalist’s respective platforms ends, which means that any Player Cards that Finalists acquire after their Tournament ends will not be available for the Championship Finals. Finalists will have to inform Sponsor by 12:00:00 PM PT on January 29, 2020, which thirteen (13) players from their MyTEAM Collection they want to have available in their Lineup for the Championship Finals.
February 13, 2020
Live Championship scheduled to take place in Chicago, Illinois, U.S.A. (subject to change by Sponsor in its sole discretion).
All Tournament and Championship Finals schedules are subject to change even on a scheduled game day. It is each player's responsibility to frequently check the Contest Site, located at nba.2k.com/myteamtournament, to be informed of any updates to the Tournament and Championship Finals schedules.
ALL POTENTIALLY WINNING TOURNAMENT PLAYERS AND FINALISTS MUST BE VERIFIED BY SPONSOR TO ENSURE ELIGIBILITY PRIOR TO BEING DECLARED A WINNER AND/OR RECEIVING ANY PRIZE.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to conduct background checks on potential Tournament Players and Finalists. Entrants must provide authorization and/or complete any forms reasonably required to facilitate such background check. Failure to comply with this requirement and/or assist Sponsor to conduct such background check may result in disqualification of a potential Tournament Player or Finalist (as applicable) and may result in selection of an alternate Tournament Player or Finalist (time permitting). Sponsor also reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify a potential Finalist or Tournament Player based on the results of such background check, if the Sponsor determines, in its sole and absolute discretion that allowing that individual to participate in the Tournament or awarding them a prize might reflect negatively on the Contest, Sponsor, and/or the NBA Entities. Factors that may result in disqualification of a Tournament Player or a Finalist, include, without limitation, conviction of a felony or misdemeanor, or any other criminal or civil offense as determined in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor or, if Sponsor determines, in its sole and absolute discretion, that awarding a prize to such individual may reflect unfavorably on the Contest, Sponsor, and/or the NBA Entities.
7. Tournament’s Championship Finals. Each Finalist (one (1) for XBO and one (1) for PS4) will advance to the Championship Finals currently scheduled to take place in Chicago, Illinois on or about February 13, 2020 (subject to change by Sponsor in its sole discretion). If a Finalist is unavailable for the Finals, the Finalist spot may be forfeited and awarded to the Tournament Runner-up in Finalist’s Tournament Bracket (time-permitting). Replacement decisions based on forfeitures shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion. The Championship Finals will consist of a best of three series between Finalists. The winner of the Championship Finals will be crowned the Contest Champion / Grand Prize Winner (subject to confirmation and compliance with these Official Rules). THE CONTEST FINALS WILL BE PLAYED ON THE XBO PLATFORM.
8. Contest Play. Entrants must strictly adhere to all game play guidelines and these Official Rules or risk the possibility of disqualification.
Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to change the Score or points of a Contest game, including any Qualifying Games and/or Tournament games, including in the event of computer or technical issues. Additionally, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify or remove any entrant, Tournament Player or Finalist for any reason. This decision could be made based on the Sponsor’s judgment that the game reported the result incorrectly or the entrants tampered with the game software or hardware to manipulate the reported points or score.
9. Contest Prizes. Each Finalist will receive a trip to the NBA All-Star Week, which is currently scheduled to take place in Chicago, Illinois between February 14-16, 2020, to compete in the Championship Finals. The prize consists of, at a minimum, a five (5) day/five (5) night trip for Finalist and his/her guest to Chicago, Illinois (subject to change by Sponsor in its sole discretion), and two (2) tickets to the Rising Stars Challenge, All-Star Saturday Night, and All-Star Game (collectively “All Star Game Events”).
Trips include round-trip coach (economy) airfare from major gateway airport near Finalist’s residence and double occupancy hotel accommodations. Finalists must travel on dates determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion, which dates are expected to be between February 11-17, 2020, or on other dates designated by Sponsor, or prize may be forfeited. Failure to appear at the Championship Finals on the date and at the time designated by Sponsor will result in forfeiture of prize and disqualification from Contest, all as determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion. Failure to appear at the All Star Game Events on the date and at the time designated by Sponsor may result in forfeiture of prize, all as determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion. In the event of forfeiture, no compensation will be provided. Any guests must sign travel/liability/publicity release prior to ticketing. In order to attend the Championship Finals, Finalists and any guests (if applicable) must agree to sign such release and to be videotaped, photographed, streamed and recorded by Contest Parties. Approximate Retail Value of each Finalist Prize: $5500 (US Dollars)/$7200(CDN)/€4850(Euro), but actual value may vary depending on air flight fluctuations, distance between departure and destination. Finalists will not receive difference between actual and approximate retail value. Limit one (1) Finalist Prize per person.
10. Grand Prize: The Grand Prize Winner will receive two hundred fifty thousand dollars $250,000 (U.S.) (“Grand Prize”). The total Approximate Retail Value of the Grand Prize is $250,000 (US Dollars)/$325,000(CDN)/€220,000(Euro). The Grand Prize will be awarded in the form of a check in US dollars and subject to the exchange rates at the time the check is cashed or transfer is made. In countries where Sponsor must provide the tax authorities with the taxed sum, Sponsor will provide the Grand Prize Winner with the prize money after it has deducted the tax required by law. The Grand Prize Winner will sign all the appropriate tax documentation and forms requested by law. Failure to provide the Sponsor with all the tax related documentation, forms and/or signatures, will result in the disqualification of the Grand Prize Winner and forfeiture of the prize.
Grand Prize Winner and Finalists are referred to herein each as a “Winner” or collectively as “Winners”.
FOR ALL TRIP PRIZES: Taxes, meals, gratuities, travel upgrades, or any other expenses not specifically listed herein are the responsibility of the Winners. Travel and accommodations subject to availability; certain restrictions and blackout dates may apply. Sponsor and the other Released Parties are NOT liable for delays, cancellation or unforeseen events related to the flights. Winners will be solely responsible for obtaining valid identification and documents (e.g., passports, visas) relating to acceptance and use of the travel prize packages. Winners will be solely responsible for obtaining valid identification relating to acceptance and use of the travel prize packages. If in the judgment of Sponsor, air travel is not required due to Winner’s proximity to prize location, ground transportation will be substituted for roundtrip air travel at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Winners will not receive difference between actual and approximate retail value. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prize and/or any lost, mutilated or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates.
FOR TICKET/EVENT PRIZES: The terms and conditions of any Event tickets awarded, including the All Star Game Events, will govern if any of the Events do not take place due to weather, an act of God, threat or act of terrorism, civil disturbance or any other reason. Event tickets are subject to certain terms and conditions. Seat locations will be determined by the Sponsor. The Released Parties (defined below), and/or any other relevant party, reserve the right to remove or to deny entry to any winner or guest who engages in a disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person at the Events. Cash cannot be substituted for any ticket prize unless otherwise agreed by the Sponsor. Unused tickets cannot be refunded, exchanged for cash or applied towards tickets for any subsequent years. No responsibility is assumed by the Released Parties for any cancelled, rescheduled, delayed or postponed Event.
FOR ALL PRIZES: Approximate Retail Value of all prizes combined: $261,000 (US Dollars)/$342,000 (CDN)/€230,000(Euro). All Winners will be required to complete and return documents, including an Affidavit/Declaration of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity release and rights transfer document, and, where applicable, appropriate tax forms (or, in relation to Great Britain, an acknowledgement or such other documents as the Sponsor may specify) to receive a prize. As a condition of awarding a prize, Winner will be required to execute the Affidavit/Declaration of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity (or, in relation to Great Britain, an acknowledgement or such other documents as the Sponsor may specify) and return via email and/or as otherwise instructed by Sponsor to Sponsor within the time frame designated by Sponsor. Failure to return such documents in the time frame required by Sponsor may result in forfeiture of the applicable prize. Winners are responsible for ensuring return of all required materials; proof of sending will not be considered proof of receipt by Sponsor.
If any prize or prize notification messages are returned as undeliverable, or a Winner does not respond in the time frame required by Sponsor, or refuses to execute the required documents, or rejects his/her prize (or any part thereof), or in the event of noncompliance with these Official Rules or Contest requirements, the prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to the next runner-up, as determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion. In the event of prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given.
Prizes are not transferable. No substitutions or exchanges of any prize will be permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for any prize.
Nothing in these Official Rules limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify any statutory consumer guarantees or any implied condition or warranty the exclusion of which from these Official Rules would contravene any statute or cause any part of these Official Rules to be void (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Subject to the limitations in the preceding sentence, all Prizes and all parts thereof are awarded “AS IS” and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose), except where prohibited by law. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, PROVINCIAL AND LOCAL TAXES AND ANY APPLICABLE SOCIAL CONTRIBUTIONS ASSOCIATED WITH THE PRIZE ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNERS AND WINNERS RESIDING OUTSIDE OF THE U.S. WILL BE REQUIRED TO REPORT AND PAY ANY APPLICABLE INCOME TAXES RELATED TO THE PRIZE.
12. General Release. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST, AND SUBJECT TO ANY NON-EXCLUDABLE GUARANTEES, ALL ENTRANTS, AND WINNERS TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAWS, RELEASE THE SPONSOR, THE NBA ENTITIES, ALL OTHER CONTEST PARTIES, AND ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENT COMPANIES, SUBSIDIARIES AFFILIATES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, SPONSORS, AND AGENTS, INCLUDING ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES (“RELEASED PARTIES”), FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, FOR LOSS, HARM, DAMAGE, MORAL DAMAGE, INJURY, COST OR EXPENSE WHATSOEVER INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, PROPERTY DAMAGE, PERSONAL INJURY AND/OR DEATH WHICH MAY OCCUR IN CONNECTION WITH, PREPARATION FOR, TRAVEL TO, OR PARTICIPATION IN CONTEST OR POSSESSION, ACCEPTANCE AND/OR USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONTEST-RELATED ACTIVITY AND FOR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION, INVASION OF PRIVACY, COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO INFRINGEMENT OF MORAL RIGHTS), TRADEMARK INFRINGEMENT OR ANY OTHER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY-RELATED CAUSE OF ACTION, AND AGREE NOT TO MAKE ANY CLAIMS AGAINST THE RELEASED PARTIES IN RESPECT THEREOF, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION (I) ANY CONDITION CAUSED BY EVENTS BEYOND SPONSOR'S CONTROL THAT MAY CAUSE THE CONTEST TO BE DISRUPTED OR CORRUPTED; (II) ANY INJURIES, LOSSES, ILLNESS, LITIGATION OR DAMAGES (COMPENSATORY, DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR OTHERWISE) OF ANY KIND CAUSED BY ENTRANT’S OWN NEGLIGENCE ARISING OR RESULTING, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM THE AWARDING, DELIVERY, ACCEPTANCE, USE, MISUSE, POSSESSION, LOSS OR MISDIRECTION OF A PRIZE OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST OR IN ANY ACTIVITY OR TRAVEL RELATED THERETO OR FROM ANY INTERACTION WITH, OR DOWNLOADING OF, COMPUTER CONTEST INFORMATION; AND (III) ANY PRINTING OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS IN ANY MATERIALS ASSOCIATED WITH THE CONTEST. Sponsor's decisions in all respects relative to the Contest are final.
In relation to entrants from Great Britain and France, the above provisions apply to the fullest extent permissible by law, save that, to the extent English or French law applies, nothing in these Official Rules shall exclude or limit the Sponsor or Released Parties’ liability for: (i) fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; (ii) death or personal injury caused by negligence; or (iii) any other type of liability which may not be lawfully excluded or limited.
13. General Conditions. By entering the Contest, all entrants accept and agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor. No automated entry devices and/or programs permitted. All entries become the sole and exclusive property of the Sponsor and receipt of entries will not be acknowledged or returned. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. In case of dispute of the identity of any entrant, including Tournament Players and Winners, entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the 2K Account. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Entrants must keep their email address information up to date and inform Sponsor of any changes of the relevant email address. Released Parties are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, telephone or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, web site, Internet, or ISP availability, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit one’s ability to enter the Contest, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Contest or downloading any materials in this Contest. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend this Contest should (in its sole discretion) virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, Sponsor may select the winners from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or any web sites, platforms or consoles associated with this Contest. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including but not limited to the use of automated entry programs, the use of automated entry devices, playing through the use of multiple 2K Accounts or 2K Sports accounts, or by participating in, or benefiting from, a syndicate, group or block playing process or system), or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants, players or Sponsor representatives.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITES, PLATFORMS OR CONSOLES ASSOCIATED WITH THIS CONTEST OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
14. Additional Conditions. Except where prohibited by law, each entrant, including all Tournament Players and Winners, grants the Released Parties the unconditional, perpetual and worldwide right and/or license to use the entrant’s name, address (city or county and state/province/territory only), likeness, photograph, biographical information, Team roster/ logo/name and prize information (if any) and/or statements about the Contest for any publicity, advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, in any media now known or hereafter invented, including but not limited to, on any and all Internet media, including Sponsor’s web sites and social media platforms (i.e., Facebook, YouTube, Twitter etc.), and in-game on 2KTV, and via live stream of the Tournament, and hereby releases the Released Parties from any liability with respect thereto.
Sponsor has the right to use all of entrant’s Team names, logos and uniforms in its advertising, marketing and publicity materials, in its sole and absolute discretion. In addition, Sponsor has the right to require an entrant to change its Team’s name, logo and/or uniform if such name, logo or uniform is deemed inappropriate or could violate the right of any third party, including, but not limited, to copyright, trademark or right of publicity or privacy, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Failure to comply with Sponsor’s request to change team name, logo and/or uniform in a timely manner may result in disqualification, in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion.
15. Disputes. Except where prohibited by law: (a) As a condition of participating in this Contest, entrant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the any of the Released Parties and entrant or his/her representatives, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, or the determination of winners shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action exclusively by arbitration pursuant to the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association, then effective; (b) Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys' fees, other than entrant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (e.g., costs associated with entering this Contest), and entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased; and (c) The arbitration shall be conducted in the State of New York, in the City of New York, County of New York, and judgment on the arbitration award may be entered into any court having jurisdiction thereof.
16. Governing Law and Jurisdiction. This promotion is governed by U.S. law and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited by law. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with this Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof, and any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in Disputes Section of these Official Rules, shall take place in the courts of the State of New York, in the City of New York, County of New York.
IN THE EVENT THERE IS A DISCREPANCY OR INCONSISTENCY BETWEEN DISCLOSURES OR OTHER STATEMENTS CONTAINED IN ANY CONTEST MATERIALS AND THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE OFFICIAL RULES, THE OFFICIAL RULES SHALL PREVAIL, GOVERN AND CONTROL.
18. Winners List; Rules Request. For a copy of the Winners list, send a stamped, self-addressed, business-size envelope before March 15, 2020 to Sponsor at the address listed below, Attn: The NBA 2K20 Winners List. Sponsor shall post the Winners list on the Contest Site located at nba.2k.com/myteamtournament by March 15, 2020. To obtain a copy of these Official Rules, visit the Contest Site or, by February 1, 2020, send a stamped, self-addressed business-size envelope to Sponsor at the address listed below, Attn: NBA 2K20 Rules Request, 10 Hamilton Landing, Novato CA 94949, USA. Canadian residents may omit return postage. Vermont residents may omit return postage for Official Rules.
Sponsor: 2K Games, Inc. (“2K”), a wholly owned subsidiary of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. The Sponsor’s address is 10 Hamilton Landing, Novato, CA 94949, USA.
© 2005-2019 Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. and its subsidiaries. 2K, the 2K logo, and Take-Two Interactive Software are all trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. The NBA and NBA member team identifications are the intellectual property of NBA Properties, Inc. and the respective NBA member teams. © 2019 NBA Properties, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Officially licensed product of the National Basketball Players Association.