In S4, our approach is to reward you more for your activity. With new features such as The Stat Line, those who play the main modes on a regular basis will be earning more rewards than ever before. Oh, but that’s not all! The Season 4 app update also features player likeness updates, new players in the game for the first time, a sleek visual redesign across the game, and much more. We’ve got details on all these things below.
Notable additions and changes:
- The Stat Line – This is a new, beefed-up version of The Checklist where you can earn even more coins via daily, weekly and monthly objectives, plus objectives for theme events. You’ll have an array of tasks related to gameplay, card collecting and more. And it will fluctuate – they won’t be the same tasks every day, week and month. You’ll also earn Stat Points, a new way to compare your S4 accomplishments to other players.
For the first few days of S4, monthly objectives will look more like weekly ones. We’ll finish off September with those, and then they’ll refresh to standard monthly objectives on Oct 1. You’ll also have one less day for the weekly objectives than normal – starting Oct 4 it’ll be seven days, refreshing on Mondays. Oh, and the Daily Login is now located within The Stat Line. Don’t freak out when you don’t see it!
- Player Updates – Did you see our screenshot of Luka Doncic on social? Player likeness updates for S4 launch include Doncic, LaMelo Ball, Kyrie Irving and many more. We’ve also got up-to-date jerseys, courts and player stats to reflect the new NBA season. Some players will have their position changed for S4, including Doncic (PG), DeMar DeRozan (SF), Paul George (SG) and Jrue Holiday (PG). We did these so that 1) they more closely match their position in real life and 2) you can use the best players on their actual NBA teams together.
- Player Debuts – Just like Season 3, we’re adding new players to the game at launch and more in various card releases throughout S4. At launch you’ll see Christian Wood, Terance Mann and plenty of other new faces in foundation tiers. We’ve got plans for early themes to have some legends entering NBA2KM for the first time. Stay tuned!
More key things to know:
- The Season 4 rewards you worked toward via Crowns and Endorsements will arrive after some tutorials in S4. Same goes for the coins that were in your S4 vault in the Coins tab of the Store. You will get those after tutorials.
- In addition to the stuff listed above, we’ve got more new features and a new event type in the works for early in S4. Stay tuned!
We hope you’re as excited for Season 4 as we are. See you on the court!