Contest may only be entered in or from the 50 United States & D.C. (excluding AZ, CT, MD, and ND), Australia, Canada (excluding Quebec), Chile, Denmark, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Israel, Japan, Macau, Mexico, New Zealand, Norway, Philippines, Portugal, Republic of Ireland, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, and Turkey, and entries originating from (i) individuals not residing within the preceding jurisdictions or (ii) any other jurisdiction are not eligible for entry. This Contest is governed exclusively by the laws of the United States subject to the enforcement of the mandatory provisions of any other applicable law.
1. How to Compete in the NBA® 2K22 MyTEAM Unlimited $250,000 Tournament (“Contest”).
a. Contest Structure and Tracks: Contest will consist of two (2) separate tracks (each a “Track”) for PlayStation (“PS”) and Xbox entrants: • Track 1 (CURRENT GEN) for entrants playing PS4 (“Track 1 PS entrants”) and Xbox One (“Track 1 Xbox entrants”). • Track 2 (NEXT GEN) for entrants playing PS5 (“Track 2 PS entrants”) and Xbox X/S (“Track 2 Xbox entrants”).
After the Pre-Qualifying Period, each Track consists of two phases: (i) the GameDays (“GameDays”); and (ii) the Contest Tournament (“Tournament”). Each Track will have one (1) Grand Prize Winner and one (1) Runner-Up Prize Winner. Entrants can compete in both Tracks under the same account/Gamertag/PSN ID. Track 1 PS entrants and Track 2 PS entrants will be referred to herein as the “PS entrants.” Track 1 Xbox entrants and Track 2 Xbox entrants will be referred to herein as the “Xbox entrants”.
To compete in a GameDay on either Track, entrants must qualify for that GameDay during the Pre-Qualifying Period in accordance with Section 1(d) of these Official Rules. Regardless of the Track played the during the Pre-Qualifying Period, entrants that qualify for a GameDay may play the GameDay on either, or both, Track 1 and Track 2.
To compete in the Tournament on either Track, entrants must qualify in a GameDay in accordance with Section 1(e) of these Official Rules. The four highest scoring entrants for Xbox and the four highest scoring entrants for PS for each GameDay on each Track based on each entrant’s Leaderboard Total Score (defined below) will be eligible to compete in the Tournament for that Track. For clarity, eight (8) entrants will qualify for the Tournament for each GameDay (four (4) entrants from Xbox and four (4) entrants from PS) for each Track. b. Contest Requirements: To enter the Contest, entrants must meet the eligibility requirements set forth in Section 2 below. This Contest is a game of skill and chance does not play a part in the determination of the winner. To participate in the Contest, entrants must (i) own or have access to NBA® 2K22 (the “Game”) on PS4 (Track 1) / PS5 (Track 2) or Xbox One (Track 1) / Xbox X/S (Track 2); (ii) have internet connection (while broadband internet access is not required, it is recommended) and (iii) own or have access to:
If playing on Xbox, a Gamertag and Xbox Gold Service; or
If playing on PS, PSN ID and PS Plus service.
With respect to playing in a Track, entrants must play under the same account/Gamertag/PSN ID throughout the duration of the Contest and must play on the same platform (except the Championship Finals, if applicable, which will be played on the PS4 or PS5 platform, as applicable based on the Track) throughout the duration of the Contest. FOR CLARITY, ENTRANTS MUST COMPETE ON THE SAME PLATFORM (I.E., XBOX OR PS) IN EACH TRACK THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE CONTEST (I.E., ANY GAMEDAYS AND THE TOURNAMENT), EXCEPT FOR THE CHAMPIONSHIP FINALS (IF APPLICABLE) WHICH WILL BE PLAYED ON THE PS4 OR PS5 PLATFORM. HOWEVER, ENTRANTS CAN PLAY IN BOTH TRACKS WITH THE SAME OR DIFFERENT ACCOUNT/GAMERTAG/PSN ID THROUGHOUT THE DURATION OF THE CONTEST AS LONG AS THE ACCOUNT IS ENTRANT’S OWN ACCOUNT/GAMERTAG/PSN ID.
Entrants suspected of using multiple accounts/Gamertags/PSN IDs in the same Track or playing on multiple platforms in violation of these Official Rules will be subject to disqualification. All aspects of this Contest are subject to these Official Rules.
(c) To set up a franchise in MyTEAM mode:
Sign up for or log on to your 2K account (“2K Account”) in the Game and select “MyTEAM” from the Main Menu.
After the Game launches in MyTEAM mode, select one of five available NBA players for your Starter Kit (“Starter Kit”). Your Starter Kit will contain enough MyTEAM cards to complete your first Lineup, including players, a coach, and at least one (1) NBA arena, court, logo, and uniform. Each Starter Kit will include one (1) star player card for the player that you selected..
Create your franchise by choosing a city and team (“Team”) name.
(d) To qualify for a GameDay during the Pre-Qualifying Period:
To qualify for a GameDay, you must play the Game in Unlimited Mode (in MyTEAM) during a Pre-Qualifying Period (defined below) and reach Emerald Unlimited tier in Unlimited Mode (in MyTEAM) prior to the next GameDay in accordance with the GameDay Schedule set forth in Section 3. Your player lineup (“Lineup”) in Unlimited Mode will include thirteen (13) players that you select from your MyTEAM collection (“Collection”). You can modify your Lineup before each game played in the Contest except for the Championship Finals (if applicable).
You can start earning your Emerald Unlimited tier status to qualify for the First GameDay upon the release of the Game, which is currently scheduled to take place on September 10, 2021 at 12:00:00 AM local time (i.e., as the Game will be launched at midnight in local area), and you can continue to earn wins up until the start of the First GameDay on October 16, 2021 at 9:59:59 AM U.S. Pacific Time (“PT”). For subsequent GameDays, you can start earning your wins for that GameDay during the time periods listed below (collectively, the “Pre-Qualifying Periods”):
Schedule of Pre-Qualifying Periods
Pre-Qualifying Period for First Game Day on October 16, 2021: Play between September 10, 2021 at 12:00:00 AM local time until October 16, 2021 at 9:59:59 AM PT.
Pre-Qualifying Period for Second GameDay on November 27, 2021: Play between October 22, 2021 at 8:00:00 AM PT until 9:59:59 AM PT on November 27, 2021.
Pre-Qualifying Period for Third GameDay on January 8, 2022: Play between December 3, 2021 at 8:00:00 AM PT until 9:59:59 AM PT on January 8, 2022.
Pre-Qualifying Period for 4th GameDay on February 19, 2022: Play between January 14, 2022 at 8:00:00 AM PT until 9:59:59 AM PT on February 20, 2022.
Your MyTEAM Unlimited Tier will reset on the following dates prior to each GameDay: Friday, October 22, 2021; Friday, December 3, 2021; & Friday, January 14, 2022.
The requirements for reaching the required Unlimited tier for each GameDay will be defined on screen in Unlimited Mode. (e) To compete in a GameDay to qualify for the Tournament:
Once you have qualified for a GameDay, select the Tournament menu in MyTEAM mode anytime between the GameDay start and end times set forth in Section 3 and play the Game against other entrants who qualified for that GameDay (each a “Qualifying Game”). For clarity, once you have qualified for a GameDay, you may play the Game on either, or both, Track 1 and Track 2.
Your Lineup for each Qualifying Game will include thirteen (13) players that you select from your Collection. You can modify your Lineup before each game played in the Contest except for the Championship Finals (if applicable).
To finish in the top 4 places on the Leaderboard for either Track on either Xbox or PS at the end of a GameDay, you will likely need to win as many Qualifying Games as possible during that GameDay (each a “Qualifying Win”). You will receive a score (“Score”) for each completed Qualifying Game based on a combination of factors (i.e., algorithm), including the quality of your roster, the quality of your opponent’s roster, and the quality of your performance in the Qualifying Game. Scores for each completed Qualifying Game during a GameDay will contribute to your total score (“Total Score”) on the Leaderboard for that Entry in the GameDay, with Qualifying Wins contributing significantly higher scores than losses. Upon losing a Qualifying Game, your Entry will conclude for that GameDay and your Total Score will be locked for that Entry (i.e., you cannot improve your Total Score for that Entry). Your Entries will expire at the end of a GameDay, which means that your Entries will be reset to zero (0) at the end of such GameDay.
At the end of the GameDay, your Total Score for that GameDay will lock. Total Scores for subsequent GameDays that you qualify for will begin at zero (0).
The four (4) entrants with the highest Total Scores on each platform for each Track at the end of each GameDay will be declared potential qualifiers of that GameDay (each a “Potential Qualifier”) and will be eligible to compete in the Tournament (each a “Tournament Player”) (subject to confirmation). Limit one (1) Tournament entry per entrant per Track, regardless of how many GameDays in which such entrant finishes in the top four on the Leaderboard. For clarity, GameDay Potential Qualifiers can continue to play in additional GameDays for each Track in order to improve their Total Score for the applicable Track. If a Potential Qualifier improves his or her Total Score while playing in an additional GameDay after being declared a Potential Qualifier, the Potential Qualifier will be seeded in the Tournament based on his or her improved Total Score, regardless of whether the Potential Qualifier is in the top four in the additional GameDay. If a Potential Qualifier plays in an additional GameDay after being declared a Potential Qualifier and places in the top four, the Potential Qualifier will not receive another entry into the Tournament but will be seeded based on the Potential Qualifier’s highest score for that GameDay. In such event, the entrant with the next highest Total Score for that GameDay will be declared a Potential Qualifier and be eligible to compete in the Tournament subject to confirmation.
No automated entry devices and/or programs permitted. All entries (including game play) become the sole and exclusive property of the Sponsor and receipt of entries will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled entries, which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. By entering the Contest, entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the judges, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Contest. 2. Eligibility. Participation open only to legal residents of the 50 United States & D.C. (excluding AZ, CT, MD, and ND), Australia, Canada (excluding Quebec), Chile, Denmark, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Israel, Japan, Macau, Mexico, New Zealand, Norway, Philippines, Portugal, Republic of Ireland, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, and Turkey (collectively, “Eligible Jurisdictions”), who are at least 18 years of age and have attained the age of majority in their state, country or province of residence (For clarity, the ages of majority for various jurisdictions are as follows: (i) Alabama – 19; (ii) Nebraska – 19; (iii) Mississippi – 21; (iv) New Zealand – 20; (v) Thailand – 20; (vi) Taiwan – 20 and (vii) Japan - 20). Void in Arizona, Connecticut, Maryland, North Dakota, Quebec, outside of an Eligible Jurisdiction and where prohibited or restricted by law. Proof of residency and age may be required. Entrants must enter the Contest from within an Eligible Jurisdiction. Entries originating from jurisdictions outside of the Eligible Jurisdictions are void. Employees, officers and directors of 2K Games, Inc. (“Sponsor”), NBA Properties, Inc., the National Basketball Association, the Women’s National Basketball Association, NBA Media Ventures LLC, NBA TV LLC, and the NBA & WNBA member teams (collectively “the NBA Entities”), the National Basketball Players Association, the Women’s National Basketball Players Association, the National Football League Players Association (as licensing agents for the Women’s National Basketball Players Association), the NBA 2K League (current and past players are not considered employees and are eligible to enter), Microsoft Corporation, Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC, Twitch Interactive, Inc. (collectively, the “Contest Parties”) and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, advertising and promotion agencies, manufacturers or distributors of Contest materials and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees/officers/directors are not eligible to enter. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, state and local laws and regulations.
3. The GameDay Schedule. The four (4) GameDays will take place in accordance with the GameDay Schedule below. Each Qualifying Game must start between 10:00:00 AM PT (U.S.) and 2:00:00 PM PT (“GameDay Period”) on that GameDay. If a Qualifying Game starts prior to 2:00:00 PM PT, it will be permitted to finish provided that the Qualifying Game is completed by 4:00:00 PM PT on that GameDay. The first GameDay begins on October 16, 2021 at 10:00:00 AM PT, and any Qualifying Games must start by 2:00:00 PM PT (“First GameDay”) and be completed by 4:00:00 PM PT of that GameDay to contribute to entrant’s Total Score. The last GameDay begins on February 19, 2022 at 10:00:00 AM PT, and any Qualifying Games must start by 2:00:00 PM PT (“Last GameDay”) and be completed by 4:00:00 PM PT of that GameDay to contribute to your Total Score.
First GameDay: October 16, 2021
Second GameDay: November 27, 2021
Third GameDay: January 8, 2022
Fourth GameDay: February 19, 2022
4. GameDay Leaderboard Score/Game Score/Qualifying Games/Wins/Ties/Game Play/Streaming.
Leaderboard Score: As set forth above, entrants will receive a Score for each Qualifying Game based on a combination of factors including the quality of their roster, the quality of their opponent’s roster, and the quality of their performance in the Qualifying Game. All Qualifying Games for which play is commenced and completed in accordance with these Official Rules shall count toward entrant’s Total Score on the Leaderboard. Game Score: GameDay Potential Qualifiers can continue to play in future GameDays but they will receive only one (1) entry into the Tournament based on their top recorded Total Score from all GameDays. In the event a Potential Qualifier improves his or her Total Score, the Potential Qualifiers can improve his or her Tournament seeding regardless of whether the updated score is in that GameDay top four. The Potential Qualifier will receive only one (1) spot in the Tournament based upon his or her highest Total Score among the GameDays for which he or she competed.
Qualifying Games/Wins: Entrants must play Qualifying Games using the MyTEAM Unlimited Tournament’s default settings (which may change from each GameDay). Qualifying Games must be started by the designated end time (2:00:00 PM PT) for each GameDay and completed within two hours of that designated end time (4:00:00 PM PT). Final game results will be reported at 4:00:00 PM PT for each GameDay so any Qualifying Games still in progress at 4:00:00 PM PT will not be reported and will be treated as if the game never happened. In all other instances, once a Qualifying Game has started, if entrants do not complete the Qualifying Game in accordance with requirements set forth in these Official Rules, they will be credited with a loss and their Entry will come to an end for that Qualifying Game and for that GameDay.
Tiebreakers: If a GameDay results in a Leaderboard tie, and at least one of the tied entrants will not qualify for the Tournament (ex. Two entrants are tied for the 4th and final qualifying spot), Sponsor will determine the qualifier(s) based on the following criteria reviewed in order until the tie is broken.
1) Head-to-Head Record (if applicable): If the tied entrants played each other on that GameDay, the winner of that Qualifying Game on that GameDay will break the tie.
2) Wins: Sponsor will review the win-loss record of each tied entrant for that GameDay. The tied entrant with the most Qualifying Wins throughout that GameDay will break the tie.
3) Points Scored vs. Points Allowed Differential: Sponsor will calculate the total difference between the points scored by an entrant in Qualifying Games (“Points Scored”) and points allowed by an entrant (“Points Allowed”) across all Qualifying Games played for that GameDay. The tied entrant with the most positive difference between Points Scored vs. Points Allowed will break the tie.
4) Total MyTEAM Points earned during that GameDay. Sponsor will calculate the Total MyTEAM Points earned during that GameDay. The tied entrant with the most total MyTEAM Points earned during that GameDay will break the tie.
In the event of a Leaderboard tie where all tied entrants will qualify for the tournament (ex. All tied entrants will finish in the top four of the Leaderboard regardless of tiebreakers), the tie will be broken for tournament seeding purposes using the criteria outlined in Section 6.
Game Play/Disqualification: Entrants may be disqualified if Sponsor detects that entrant did not complete the game by quitting, powering down, disconnecting from the internet, or excessive penalties. For clarity, if an entrant disconnects, the entrant may be disqualified and banned from that GameDay. A ban would eliminate entrant from participating in any further Qualifying Games on that GameDay. In the event that entrant disconnects from the server at any point during a Qualifying Game, that entrant will be deemed the loser of that Qualifying Game, regardless of whether such disconnection is intentional and/or is the fault of the disconnecting entrant.
Streaming: By participating in a GameDay, entrants grant Sponsor the absolute right and permission to stream, film, photograph, reproduce, transmit, record, and/or show entrant and/or highlights from the GameDay and/or any post-game coverage, including entrant’s name, appearance, voice, conversations, sounds, performances and other likeness included therein (collectively, the “Stream”), throughout the world, in any and all media now known or hereafter created, including, but not limited to any and all broadcast, digital and Internet media, including, but not limited to, 2K-owned livestreams and 2KTV and Sponsor’s websites, third party sites, and social media channels, including, without limitation, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, TikTok and Twitch (collectively, “Sponsor’s Social Media Channels”).
5. Notification: At the conclusion of each GameDay, Sponsor will attempt to contact the Potential Qualifiers via email using the address provided by the Potential Qualifier when signing up for a 2K Account, through in-game messaging and/or through the console user interface (“UI”). Potential Qualifiers will be required to respond to Sponsor’s request within three (3) calendar days of notification unless Sponsor has designated another time frame. If a Potential Qualifier does not respond within the time frame designated by Sponsor, or does not comply with these Official Rules in the sole opinion of Sponsor, such Potential Qualifier’s Tournament spot may be forfeited and Sponsor may award the spot to next highest ranked entrant on that GameDay’s Leaderboard (time permitting). Upon verification of eligibility by Sponsor and compliance with these Official Rules and all of the requirements included herein, the Potential Qualifier’s status will be changed to Tournament Player, who will be eligible to compete in the Tournament.
6. The Tournament. The thirty-two (32) Tournament Players (sixteen (16) for Xbox and sixteen (16) for PS) will compete in the Tournament for each Track:
The Track 1 Tournament (Current Gen) is scheduled to take place on March 5, 2022 at 10:00:00 AM PT.
The Track 2 Tournament (Next Gen) is scheduled to take place on March 6, 2022 at 10:00:00 AM PT.
FOR EACH TRACK: One (1) Tournament Bracket will consist of 16 Tournament Players on the Xbox platform and one (1) Tournament Bracket will consist of 16 Tournament Players on the PS platform. Each Tournament Player on each Track must compete in their Tournament Games using the same platform such Tournament Player used to qualify for the Tournament, EXCEPT FOR THE CHAMPIONSHIP FINALS WHICH SHALL BE PLAYED ON THE PS4 or PS5 PLATFORM (AS APPLICABLE). Tournament Players will compete against each other in their respective Tournament Brackets in single-elimination format (EXCEPT THE CHAMPIONSHIP FINAL, WHICH WILL CONSIST OF A BEST OF 3 SERIES BETWEEN THE TWO FINALISTS). The sixteen (16) Tournament Players for each platform will be seeded in their respective Tournament Brackets based on their best Total Score. If Tournament Players in the same bracket have the same Total Score, Sponsor will determine the higher seed based on the following criteria in the following order until the tie is broken:
1) Wins: Sponsor will review the win-loss record of each tied Tournament Player for his or her winning GameDay. The Tournament Player with the most Qualifying Wins on his or her winning GameDay will break the tie.
2) Points Scored vs. Points Allowed Differential: Sponsor will calculate the total difference between Points Scored and Points Allowed for each tied Tournament Player’s winning GameDay. The tied Tournament Player with the most positive difference between Points Scored vs. Points Allowed for his or her winning GameDay will break the tie.
3) Total MyTEAM Points: Sponsor will calculate the Total MyTEAM Points earned during each tied Tournament Player’s winning GameDay. The tied Tournament Player with the most total MyTEAM Points earned during his or her winning GameDay will break the tie. Tournament Players may use any combination of any thirteen (13) Player Cards from their MyTEAM Collection in their Lineup for each Qualifying Game throughout the Tournament, and will not be “locked” into their Player Cards throughout the Tournament (except for the Championship Finals). The winning Tournament Player of each Tournament Game advances to the next round of their Tournament Bracket. The losing Tournament Player of each Tournament Game will be eliminated from the Tournament.
The winner of each Tournament Bracket (Xbox and PS) will be deemed a “Finalist” (subject to confirmation) for that Track and will advance to the Championship Finals, which is currently scheduled to take place online on or about March 19, 2022 for Track 1 Tournament (Current Gen) and on March 19, 2022 for Track 2 Tournament (Next Gen) (with dates subject to change by Sponsor in its sole discretion).
The MyTEAM Collection for each Finalist will lock as soon as the final Tournament game for each Finalist’s respective platforms ends, which means that any Player Cards that Finalists acquire after their Tournament ends will not be available for the Championship Finals. Track 1 Finalists will have to inform Sponsor by 12:00:00 PM PT on March 8, 2022, which thirteen (13) players from their MyTEAM Collection they want to have available in their Lineup for the Championship Finals. Track 2 Finalists will have to inform Sponsor by 12:00:00 PM PT on March 8, 2022, which thirteen (13) players from their MyTEAM Collection they want to have available in their Lineup for the Championship Finals.
March 19 , 2022: Track 1 Tournament (Current Gen) Live Championship scheduled to take place online (subject to change by Sponsor in its sole discretion).
March 19, 2022: Track 2 Tournament (Next Gen) Live Championship scheduled to take place online (subject to change by Sponsor in its sole discretion).
All Tournament and Championship Finals schedules are subject to change even on a scheduled game day. It is each player's responsibility to frequently check the Contest Site, located at https://nba.2k.com/myteam-unlimited-tournament/, to be informed of any updates to the Tournament and Championship Finals schedules.
ALL POTENTIAL TOURNAMENT PLAYERS AND FINALISTS MUST BE VERIFIED BY SPONSOR TO ENSURE ELIGIBILITY PRIOR TO BEING DECLARED A WINNER AND/OR RECEIVING ANY PRIZE.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to conduct background checks on potential Tournament Players and Finalists. Entrants must provide authorization and/or complete any forms reasonably required to facilitate such background check. Failure to comply with this requirement and/or assist Sponsor to conduct such background check may result in disqualification of a potential Tournament Player or Finalist (as applicable) and may result in selection of an alternate Tournament Player or Finalist (time permitting). Sponsor also reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify a potential Tournament Player or Finalist based on the results of such background check, if the Sponsor determines, in its sole and absolute discretion that allowing that individual to participate in the Tournament or awarding them a prize might reflect negatively on the Contest, Sponsor, and/or the NBA Entities. Factors that may result in disqualification of a Tournament Player or a Finalist, include, without limitation, conviction of a felony or misdemeanor, or any other criminal or civil offense as determined in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor or, if Sponsor determines, in its sole and absolute discretion, that awarding a prize to such individual may reflect unfavorably on the Contest, Sponsor, and/or the NBA Entities.
7. Tournament’s Championship Finals. Each Finalist (one (1) for Xbox and one (1) for PS) for each Track will advance to their respective Championship Finals. If a Finalist is unavailable for the Finals, the Finalist spot may be forfeited and awarded to the Tournament Runner-Up in Finalist’s Tournament Bracket (time-permitting). Replacement decisions based on forfeitures shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion. The Championship Finals will consist of a best of three series between Finalists for that Track. The winner of the Championship Finals will be crowned the Contest Champion / Grand Prize Winner (subject to confirmation and compliance with these Official Rules) for that Track. THE CONTEST FINALS WILL BE PLAYED ON THE PS4 OR PS5 PLATFORM AS APPLICABLE. Failure to appear at the Championship Finals on the date and at the time designated by Sponsor will result in forfeiture of any prize (if applicable) and disqualification from Contest, all as determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion. In the event of forfeiture, no compensation will be provided. In order to attend the Championship Finals, Finalists must agree to sign such release and to be videotaped, photographed, streamed and recorded by Contest Parties.
8. Contest Play. Entrants must strictly adhere to all game play guidelines and these Official Rules or risk the possibility of disqualification.
9. Grand Prize and Runner-Up Prizes: The Grand Prize Winner for each Track will receive two hundred thousand dollars $200,000 (U.S.) (“Grand Prize”). The total Approximate Retail Value of each Grand Prize is $200,000 (US Dollars) / $251,825* (CDN) / €169,901.88* (Euro). The Runner-Up Winner for each Track will receive fifty thousand dollars $50,000 (U.S.) (‘Runner-Up Prize”). The total Approximate Retail Value of each Runner-Up Prize is $50,000 (US Dollars) / $62,956.25* (CDN) / €42,475.47* (Euro). The Grand Prize and Runner-Up Prize will be awarded in the form of a check in US dollars or Bank Transfer and subject to the exchange rates at the time the check is cashed or transfer is made. In countries where Sponsor must provide the tax authorities with the taxed sum, Sponsor will provide the Grand Prize Winner and Runner-Up Winner with the prize money after it has deducted the tax required by law. The Grand Prize Winner and Runner–Up Winner will sign all the appropriate tax documentation and forms requested by law. Failure to provide the Sponsor with all the tax related documentation, forms and/or signatures, will result in the disqualification of the Grand Prize Winner/ Runner-Up Winner and forfeiture of the prize. Grand Prize Winner and Runner-Up Winner are referred to herein each as a “Winner” or collectively as “Winners”.
FOR ALL PRIZES: Approximate Retail Value of all prizes combined for both Tracks: $500,000 (US Dollars) / $629,575* (CDN) / €424,762.50* (Euro). All Winners will be required to complete and return documents, including an Affidavit/Declaration of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity release and rights transfer document, and, where applicable, appropriate tax forms (or, in relation to Great Britain, an acknowledgement or such other documents as the Sponsor may specify) to receive a prize. As a condition of awarding a prize, Winner will be required to execute the Affidavit/Declaration of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity (or, in relation to Great Britain, an acknowledgement or such other documents as the Sponsor may specify) and return via email and/or as otherwise instructed by Sponsor to Sponsor within the time frame designated by Sponsor. Failure to return such documents in the time frame required by Sponsor may result in forfeiture of the applicable prize. Winners are responsible for ensuring return of all required materials; proof of sending will not be considered proof of receipt by Sponsor.
If any prize or prize notification messages are returned as undeliverable, or a Winner does not respond in the time frame required by Sponsor, or refuses to execute the required documents, or rejects his/her prize (or any part thereof), or in the event of noncompliance with these Official Rules or Contest requirements, the prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to the next runner-up, as determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion. In the event of prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given. Prizes are not transferable. No substitutions or exchanges of any prize will be permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for any prize.
Nothing in these Official Rules limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify any statutory consumer guarantees or any implied condition or warranty the exclusion of which from these Official Rules would contravene any statute or cause any part of these Official Rules to be void (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Subject to the limitations in the preceding sentence, all Prizes and all parts thereof are awarded “AS IS” and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose), except where prohibited by law. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, PROVINCIAL AND LOCAL TAXES AND ANY APPLICABLE SOCIAL CONTRIBUTIONS ASSOCIATED WITH THE PRIZE ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNERS AND WINNERS RESIDING OUTSIDE OF THE U.S. WILL BE REQUIRED TO REPORT AND PAY ANY APPLICABLE INCOME TAXES RELATED TO THE PRIZE.
*Conversion provided for informational purposes only, based on exchange rates as of August 25, 2021
11. General Release. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST, AND SUBJECT TO ANY NON-EXCLUDABLE GUARANTEES, ALL ENTRANTS, AND WINNERS TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAWS, RELEASE THE SPONSOR, THE NBA ENTITIES, ALL OTHER CONTEST PARTIES, AND ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENT COMPANIES, SUBSIDIARIES AFFILIATES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, SPONSORS, AND AGENTS, INCLUDING ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES (“RELEASED PARTIES”), FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, FOR LOSS, HARM, DAMAGE, MORAL DAMAGE, INJURY, COST OR EXPENSE WHATSOEVER INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, PROPERTY DAMAGE, PERSONAL INJURY AND/OR DEATH WHICH MAY OCCUR IN CONNECTION WITH, PREPARATION FOR, TRAVEL TO, OR PARTICIPATION IN CONTEST OR POSSESSION, ACCEPTANCE AND/OR USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONTEST-RELATED ACTIVITY AND FOR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION, INVASION OF PRIVACY, COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO INFRINGEMENT OF MORAL RIGHTS), TRADEMARK INFRINGEMENT OR ANY OTHER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY-RELATED CAUSE OF ACTION, AND AGREE NOT TO MAKE ANY CLAIMS AGAINST THE RELEASED PARTIES IN RESPECT THEREOF, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION (I) ANY CONDITION CAUSED BY EVENTS BEYOND SPONSOR'S CONTROL THAT MAY CAUSE THE CONTEST TO BE DISRUPTED OR CORRUPTED; (II) ANY INJURIES, LOSSES, ILLNESS, LITIGATION OR DAMAGES (COMPENSATORY, DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR OTHERWISE) OF ANY KIND CAUSED BY ENTRANT’S OWN NEGLIGENCE ARISING OR RESULTING, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM THE AWARDING, DELIVERY, ACCEPTANCE, USE, MISUSE, POSSESSION, LOSS OR MISDIRECTION OF A PRIZE OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST OR IN ANY ACTIVITY OR TRAVEL RELATED THERETO OR FROM ANY INTERACTION WITH, OR DOWNLOADING OF, COMPUTER CONTEST INFORMATION; AND (III) ANY PRINTING OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS IN ANY MATERIALS ASSOCIATED WITH THE CONTEST. Sponsor's decisions in all respects relative to the Contest are final.
In relation to entrants from Great Britain, Singapore, Thailand and France, the above provisions apply to the fullest extent permissible by law, save that, to the extent English, Singapore, Thai, Hong Kong, or French law applies, nothing in these Official Rules shall exclude or limit the Sponsor or Released Parties’ liability for: (i) fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; (ii) death or personal injury caused by negligence; or (iii) any other type of liability which may not be lawfully excluded or limited.
12. General Conditions. By entering the Contest, all entrants accept and agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor. No automated entry devices and/or programs permitted. All entries become the sole and exclusive property of the Sponsor and receipt of entries will not be acknowledged or returned. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. In case of dispute of the identity of any entrant, including Tournament Players and Winners, entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the 2K Account. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Entrants must keep their email address information up to date and inform Sponsor of any changes of the relevant email address. Released Parties are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, telephone or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, web site, Internet, or ISP availability, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit one’s ability to enter the Contest, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Contest or downloading any materials in this Contest. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend this Contest should (in its sole discretion) virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, Sponsor may select the winners from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or any web sites, platforms or consoles associated with this Contest. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including but not limited to the use of automated entry programs, the use of automated entry devices, playing through the use of multiple 2K Accounts or 2K Sports accounts, or by participating in, or benefiting from, a syndicate, group or block playing process or system), or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants, players or Sponsor representatives.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITES, PLATFORMS OR CONSOLES ASSOCIATED WITH THIS CONTEST OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
13. Additional Conditions. Except where prohibited by law, each entrant, including all Tournament Players and Winners, grants the Released Parties the unconditional, perpetual and worldwide right and/or license to use the entrant’s name, address (city or county and state/province/territory only), likeness, photograph, biographical information, Team roster/ logo/name and prize information (if any) and/or statements about the Contest for any publicity, advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, in any media now known or hereafter invented, including but not limited to, on any and all Internet media, including Sponsor’s web sites and Sponsor’s Social Media Channels , and in-game on 2KTV, and via live stream (including, but not limited to, any 2K-owned live streams) of the Tournament, and hereby releases the Released Parties from any liability with respect thereto. Sponsor has the right to use all of entrant’s Team names, logos and uniforms in its advertising, marketing and publicity materials, in its sole and absolute discretion. In addition, Sponsor has the right to require an entrant to change its Team’s name, logo and/or uniform if such name, logo or uniform is deemed inappropriate or could violate the right of any third party, including, but not limited, to copyright, trademark or right of publicity or privacy, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Failure to comply with Sponsor’s request to change team name, logo and/or uniform in a timely manner may result in disqualification, in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion.
14. Disputes. Except where prohibited by law: (a) As a condition of participating in this Contest, entrant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the any of the Released Parties and entrant or his/her representatives, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, or the determination of winners shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action exclusively by arbitration pursuant to the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association, then effective; (b) Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys' fees, other than entrant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (e.g., costs associated with entering this Contest), and entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased; and (c) The arbitration shall be conducted in the State of New York, in the City of New York, County of New York, and judgment on the arbitration award may be entered into any court having jurisdiction thereof.
15. Governing Law and Jurisdiction. This promotion is governed by U.S. law and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited by law. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with this Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof, and any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in Disputes Section of these Official Rules, shall take place in the courts of the State of New York, in the City of New York, County of New York.
IN THE EVENT THERE IS A DISCREPANCY OR INCONSISTENCY BETWEEN DISCLOSURES OR OTHER STATEMENTS CONTAINED IN ANY CONTEST MATERIALS AND THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE OFFICIAL RULES, THE OFFICIAL RULES SHALL PREVAIL, GOVERN AND CONTROL.
17. Winners List; Rules Request. For a copy of the Winners list, send a stamped, self-addressed, business-size envelope before April 13, 2022 to Sponsor at the address listed below, Attn: The NBA 2K22 Winners List. Sponsor shall post the Winners list on the Contest Site located at https://nba.2k.com/myteam-unlimited-tournament/ by April 13, 2022. To obtain a copy of these Official Rules, visit the Contest Site or, by February 20, 2022 send a stamped, self-addressed business-size envelope to Sponsor at the address listed below, Attn: NBA 2K22 Rules Request, 10 Hamilton Landing, Novato CA 94949, USA. Canadian residents may omit return postage. Vermont residents may omit return postage for Official Rules. 18. Sponsor: 2K Games, Inc. (“2K”), a wholly owned subsidiary of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. The Sponsor’s address is 10 Hamilton Landing, Novato, CA 94949, USA.
Card collectors, online competitors, casual NBA fans, everyone has a place in MyTEAM and we are just a few short days away from getting this amazing mode into your hands.
Jump into NBA 2K22 Standard Edition where the game never stops.